Incredible AquaGarden is seeking a Wellbeing Food Inspirer, to increase awareness and skills in cooking with home grown and locally produced food, through the delivery of learning programmes, events and workshops.
Purpose of Role: To increase awareness of the connection between growing, cooking and wellbeing, through the delivery of events and workshops, in a variety of settings and to increase interest in cooking and growing local food.
Passionate about cooking with local produce, as well as growing and harvesting, you will engage a variety of groups, including families, schools and the local community, by planning and delivering workshops and activities, focusing on the links between growing, cooking with fresh produce and wellbeing.
Working across age, ability, culture and background, you will have access to exciting and innovative growing techniques, such as aquaponics and hydroponics, as well as more traditional growing methods, indoors and out. You will guide and support groups in the preparation and cooking of seasonal and nutritious local food, both on site in our demonstration kitchen and in a variety of settings, within the community. Your skills and experience will be vital in engaging people for whom learning can be a challenge, or who lack experience and confidence. You will provide an accessible learning platform, where skills and experience can be developed and shared through group activities and peer mentoring.
Specific outputs include:
• The planning and delivery of learning programmes, events and workshops, focusing on increasing healthy lifestyles and wellbeing, through growing and cooking, on site and in community settings.
• The delivery and evaluation of outcomes against predetermined criteria and objectives.
• Working with volunteers and members of the community to identify need and to establish partnership projects with local services, community groups, schools and businesses.
• Managing and developing the demonstration kitchen, cooking equipment and resources.
• Using IT and social media to communicate and promote Incredible AquaGarden activities
• Sourcing and producing healthy nutritious recipes, menus and planning materials for a wide range of audiences
• Transporting equipment and resources and setting up ‘pop-up’ kitchens in community settings
Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
21 hours per week, working flexibly, and including some evenings and weekends
£20,000 pro rata, per annum DBS check required
Closing Date for applications: January 9th 2017
For job specification and further details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send letter of application and CV to:
Áine Douglas, BusinessDevelopment Manager, Incredible AquaGarden, Ewood Lane, Todmorden, OL14 7DG
Or email to email@example.com